Apply for a PaleoSynthesis workshop
Duration should be 3-5 days towards the summer (note dates of fairs: Home | NürnbergMesse (nuernbergmesse.de) so there is no overlap), preceded by intensive online preparation.
Consecutive workshops are possible. If consecutive workshops are planned, this should be already indicated in the proposal. Renewal applications from successful workshops are also possible.
deadline: November 15, 2023
Proposals should have a length of max. 5 pages and be submitted by two principal investigators. Please consider that we strongly encourage diversity (i.e., among applicants and participants, gender and career stage). Download and use the template.
Submit your proposal as a single file sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org (also for questions regarding your proposal).
What to include in your proposal?
- Information on the applicants
- Workshop title and acronym
- Brief summary and extended workshop description; include a suggested schedule
- Data management plan
- Integration of the PaleoSynthesis PostDoc (↪ Elizabeth Dowding)
- List of up to 10 workshop participants (excluding the PI’s); include a confirmatory statement
- Please also see the template for more specific information
Evaluation of the proposals
Our scientific advisory board will evaluate all proposals on the following criteria
(1) Quality of the proposal, (2) Potential to develop Paleontology as a discipline, (3) Potential for high-impact publications or prospect to evolve to a larger project, and (4) Gender balance.