Our 1st “Summer Science School”
The school will take place from August 22 to September 9, 2022.
This 3-week workshop is designed to train young paleontologists in quantitative methods and programming as well as to strengthen methodological exchange. It is part of the Analytical Paleobiology Workshops (APW). Using the R statistical software we will be focusing on quantitative methods in paleobiology. Key methods we will be teaching include diversity dynamics, extinction selectivity, phylogenetics, geometric morphometrics and species distribution modelling.
Costs for travel and accommodation will be covered by the project (you book your travel, hotel is organized by our local team).
PhD students from any degree-granting institution worldwide are eligible for admission. Advanced master students and early career postdocs are also encouraged to apply.
- Visit Analytical Paleobiology Workshops for the details.
- Twelve participants can take part in person.
- Reviewers will rate your application taking into account course readiness, inclusiveness, need for training resources, the material’s relevance to your scientific interests, and the letter of support.
- Information on what to submit is provided on the official webpage: Analytical Paleobiology Workshops.
- Deadline: February 28th, 2022
Important! Although we hope to have escaped the pandemic by August 2022, the situation remains uncertain. Therefore, we will only accept participants who are fully vaccinated with a vaccine that is accepted within the EU (check here: accepted vaccines). However, we want to support as many students as possible – so there will also be the chance to join remotely.
For general questions on the school contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For scientific questions contact email@example.com